1. Buddy Box - Hug in a Box: I am most excited about this find and I am sad that I didn't think of it first, ha! Buddy Box is put together by an organization called Blurt whose mission is to help those affected by depression. A Buddy Box or Hug in a Box contains at least 5 quality products hand-picked to nourish, inspire and encourage self-care. You can buy a one-off box or subscribe on a monthly, quarterly, six-monthly or annual basis! I am personally obsessed with subscription boxes and love the idea of enrolling a friend in this program. Blurt also encourages sending the boxes as a random act of kindness!
2. Weighted Blanket by SensaCalm: I am also really excited about this item. Okay, who am I kidding? I am excited about everything on this list. A weighted blanket is a therapeutic blanket made with weights. The deep pressure from the weight causes the body to produce serotonin and endorphins, which are the chemicals our bodies naturally use to feel relaxed or calm. Sensacalm has a variety of patterns and sizes that I think are just great. Note: weighted blankets are not just for children, they work great for adults, too. Sometimes I like to cozy up under a blanket with a cup of tea and my mindfulness coloring book - I highly recommend this self-care triple whammy!
3. Acupuncture: Give the gift of wellbeing and calm this year by purchasing a package of acupuncture sessions. I refer all of my clients to Jade Path here in Chicago because I love Claretha's approach and find her to be a kindred spirit. She just gets it.
4. Natural Calm: I am never without this stuff. Natural Calm is a fruity, effervescent drink that promotes healthy magnesium levels and balances calcium intake—helping you to feel less stressed and more relaxed. My favorite is the Raspberry Lemon flavor. You can purchase a large container or individual serving packets (which would make great stocking stuffers). Note: always check with a Dr. before starting new supplements
5. Buddha Board: Master the art of letting go with this funky little guy. A Zen-like Etch-a-Sketch, use the included brush to paint designs onto the board with water. As the water evaporates your image will fade, but will reveal a new perspective on your creative endeavors encouraging mindfulness and living in the moment.
6. Sleep book: I stumbled upon this gem last night at Barnes and Noble and nabbed it right away. It's legit. The author, a therapist and mindfulness expert, packed the book full of tips, tricks, mantras, and helpful reminders. I plan to keep mine on my nightstand.
I hope you have found this list helpful! Here is a link to last year's list. Happy shopping and happy hoidays!